The King’s Ginger Snaps
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g plain flour
- ½ tsp grated root ginger
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp The King's Ginger
- For the cream: 250ml double cream, zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime, 1 heaped tsp of stem ginger in syrup (drained and chopped finely), 2 tbsp The King's Ginger
- PREHEAT the oven to 180°C and line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. Melt the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the flour, lemon zest, grated ginger and The King's Ginger to this mixture; stir until well combined. Drop one teaspoon of the mixture onto the baking sheet, 10cm apart. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bubbling, lacy and a deep caramel colour.
- Remove from oven. Let the snaps cool slightly, and then lift with a palette knife. Quickly roll around the handle of a wooden spoon to form a tube shape.
- Cool on a wire rack. These can be kept in an airtight tin for a week. Serve with The King's Ginger cream.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Chill until serving. This can be piped into the ginger snaps or served alongside in a small pot.